Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh, peppermints!



As I bundled up this morning in preparation for today’s battle with winter, I was warmed by the notion of a fresh discovery at the bus stop. I dashed downstairs, out the door, and trudged through the snow, hoping to spy my favorite, albeit elusive, of all the wrapped treasures, the peppermint starlight candies. I approached the corner with cold wind whipping at my face and lonely snow blowing across my boots. The ground was empty.


I've only seen them a few times. Two, if you’re counting, as a matter-of-fact.

What does it mean?

I suppose there could be some sort of symbology in the whole Mystery Candy phenomenon. Perhaps the greens, yellows, and oranges left behind bear a meaning of absolutely nothing and are only thrown out there as a red herring. The reds? Could they mean change? A prediction of weather patterns? A warning? The possibilities are endless.

Oh, the peppermints, though, surely they represent something great to come. Something big. That’s why they’re my favorite. They hint at what could be out there, giving us a message if only we’d listen and be able to interpret it. I wonder if they hold a greater meaning to the secret of The Mystery Candy.

Where’s my Willy Wonka-fied Robert Langdon when I need one?

Happy minty holidays to all. Keep watching the ground.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / MamaKChi